9/17/12

I'm large & in charge

Since it has been 3 months, I would say I am about two months and three weeks overdue for a new blog posting. I really, really suck at this. I can't even keep a pregnancy journal updated for more than two entries for my future daughter to read. Poor girl, she will learn soon enough who her mother is. I just hope that is one trait I do not pass on to her. I like to look back and read things that I wrote in the past, but I'm so patchy with my 'updates' that there is not really much to read. I would hope that she is better at that sort of thing than I am.

Speaking of "her," I suppose I should give a pregnancy update. To the vast, vast number of readers. ...that was a joke, get it?

Anywho, I am 32 weeks along and getting larger and more uncomfortable each day. I just completed the nursery today. Her name is for sure going to be Audrey, but we are on the fence about what her middle name will be. She will be here before we know it. My calendar is filling up fast as my doctor appointments become more frequent, plus I have signed up for three, count 'em, three classes on babies and such and so I will be super super prepped and ready. Right. This Friday is our maternity photo session that a family friend of ours is shooting for us. I am excited! I have been doing so much to prepare for her arrival in just under 8 short weeks from now, but I know I will not be really ready and really prepared for it all. All of the changes and adjustments, the sleepless nights and the eatingsleepingpooping.... It's kind of scary...

Now to change topics before I hyperventilate. We have really gotten settled into our new place, in our new town. Our apartment feels like our very own, which is what was missing in our old place. I finally feel like this is MY place, OUR place. I love it! Shortly after we moved here I was very adamant about getting things hung up on the wall, getting all of the boxes unpacked and getting all of our things organized. I wanted to make it our place and not live in a pile of boxes and such. It worked! And in just five short months we went from living in our old town, to contemplating a possible move away from our friends and family, to deciding to go ahead and move, to moving and now we are totally settled in our new place and the nursery is completely done! It's crazy to think where we were in April, or May, compared to now. Aaand to think of how much bigger my belly has gotten.

I'm sure by the time I post another update my kid will be in first grade or something, because I'm just that good at this blogging thing. Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment