6/11/12

June Updates!

Hello world! I do believe it is time for an update!
So much has happened in the past month. It's hard to believe all of the changes that we have been through. We moved from the 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom house to a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom apartment that is over 80 miles south. Now, Husband does not have to commute more than about ten minutes to get to work, and we can see each other much more. I was a bit bummed out for him because the move took place on his birthday, but it was his decision, and we did sneak out to pick up a chocolate cake for him, and then we sang to him. Plus, I think the big move was something that he had been looking forward to for so long, so having it on his birthday was sort of a nice touch. I always seem to be more into the birthdays than he is, anyway.

We unpacked the boxes at an impressive rate, I'd say. Within two days of moving in, our bedroom and kitchen were fully unpacked and organized, and I had begun work on the bathrooms. Now it has been a little over two weeks and most of the hard part is done. Most of the boxes that are left cannot be unpacked until we make some furniture purchases, such as some sort of DVD rack as well as bookshelves, an entertainment center, etc. For now we have a huge box full of DVDs that I rifle through whenever I am in the mood to watch something. We have also set up our computers, which fit nicely in the living room and our bedroom, and we have all of our internet and tv hooked up. We have also begun to hang our wedding photos on the wall. I'm leaving spaces for new pictures that we won't have until the fall. Which brings me to...

Our little one! On June 1, we found out that we are expecting a little girl! The technician was about 95% sure, which is pretty sure! We have already decided on a name (I am about 95% sure as well :D) which is Audrey Rose. I love it! I have already started to call her Audrey and it feels so right! I am now brainstorming, trying to think of ideas for the nursery. Since we are in an apartment, we have the option of painting the walls, so long as we paint them back before we move out. However, I am on the fence as to whether I even want to bother with that. I have decided that if we do paint, we'll only do one, maybe two walls, instead of the entire room. I have two big ideas for nursery "themes" but I am not settled on either yet and am still open to new ideas. The ones that I have in mind are either-- a) Tiffany blue (possibly one or two walls in that color) with black & silver accents, fluffy pillows and ruffly lampshades, very girly, they also have these wall decals that look like black chandeliers and come with rhinestones that I could place on the wall over the crib... or b) a super colorful, bright & cheery nursery, with pops of color here and there, some sort of wall decals either of animals or something else, with triangle banners across the wall (near the ceiling) and a nice rug, possibly paint the crib yellow? and all sorts of colors here and there, but not too busy or crazy. Just fun!

I am bouncing back and forth between those two ideas and have not decided, since I am only 18 weeks and have plenty of time to decide and work on it! I just haven't been thinking too much on doing a pink-themed nursery because I figure I will probably be receiving quite a few pink items from friends and family as it is... I do love the color pink but I think there is a point where you can have too much.

This Friday we have our anatomy scan (and I suppose, they'll double check that we are expecting a she and not a he!) and maybe this Thursday I'll have my braces removed at my orthodontist appointment (but I've stopped getting my hopes up at this point, I'd actually be surprised if it happens!) So when there is more to say I'll come back with another update! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment